CoH v2.0……with moar bubbles. :P
1. What is the name, class, and spec of your primary healer?
Liyhe – Disc Priest
2. What is your primary group healing environment? (i.e. raids, pvp, 5 mans)
10 main raids, although I did raid 25 man raids for a while with Choice of Skywall – check em out!
in 10 – our Holy Pally is on the tanks, Drood on raid, and i will assist both. (I like support!)
3. What is your favorite healing spell for your class and why?
I have to pick one…..hmmmm….then I would say the awesome Power Word: Shield. Our good old workhorse. Sure it has been through a lot of changes, but nothing makes me feel better then having some protection in place. (grin)
4. What healing spell do you use least for your class and why?
Heal….it is just so clunky….sure I will use it at time when there is low damage, but when you look up the definition of bad…Heal is standing right next to it.
5. What do you feel is the biggest strength of your healing class and why?
DAMAGE MITIGATION!!!!! From negating hits to reducing incoming damage, nothing beats Discipline.
6. What do you feel is the biggest weakness of your healing class and why?
Biggest weakness – Disc has none, we are the monarchs of the healing world…well…ok…not really. One thing that bugs me is if crap hits the fan…Disc does not have the best tools to heal lots of AoE damage super fast etc. So if you are caught with your pants down or the raid is just being silly by playing in bad…you are gonna get your bubbles popped.
8. What healing class do you enjoy healing with most and why?
All other healers. We all rock!
Druids – are nice cause their HoTs also help to lessen the blows to health bars. Tranquilitty is nice when crap hits the fan as well.
Paladin – mostly because then I don’t have to tank heal But seriously, Aura Mastery is awesome and who doesn’t like Pally buffs. And they haz fake bubbles!
Holy Priests – our poor misguided brothers and sisters. *note convert to disc now!* However, Holy does bring a lot to the table. Strong AoE’s, Divine Spirit, and FAIL ANGEL! ALSO THE LOLWELL…I actually miss it.
Resto Shaman – Mana Tide Totem – how I love thee!!! Spirit Link is also quite nice. Furthernmore, the resto shaman mastery is nice in conjunction with a bubble, pop a bubble on a target with damage and see the shaman’s heal make all that hurt fly away. BUT most important – BLOODLUST!!!!!
But from my fav to least fav if I had to choose – druid, paladin, shaman, Holy flavored priests!
For 10′s my fav comp so far is Disc priest, resto druid, holy pally.
9. What healing class do you enjoy healing with least and why?
None – all healers are awesome. But Disc is best!
10. What is your worst habit as a healer?
Meter topping…sigh….yes I know tis not good. Bubble spam…although it was boring…topping meters is fun!
But in Cata I am content to be 2nd. Cheating Zarm – freakin cow druids.
11. What is your biggest pet peeve in a group environment while healing?
Hmmm…people watching movies while raiding Also um….nothing really. All the healers I have healed with are awesome and don’t need any handholding.
12. Do you feel that your class/spec is well balanced with other healers for PvE healing?
Generally I do. The cost of Power Word: Bubble is a bit high imo, but prior to changing it, I admit the low cost of it prior was bad as well. Some middle ground plox!
13. What tools do you use to evaluate your own performance as a healer?
World of Logs. Use it, love it, learn how to read it. Recount to an extent as well to see how DPS/HPS/deaths in a quick look.
14. What do you think is the biggest misconception people have about your healing class?
That we can bubble and walk away, or disc is no longer viable.
15. What do you feel is the most difficult thing for new healers of your class to learn?
Being a Priest in general, as we do have a lot of tools to use in a fight/situations.
Direct heals – Penance, Heal, flash heal, greater heal.
AoE – Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending (to an estent), divine hymn, holy nova
Misc – Hymn of Hope, shadow fiemd, pain suppression, PW:Awesome errrr barrier, PW:Win errr shield.
Others – smite, holy fire, shackle undead, psychic scream, mind control
etc etc as you can see priests have a LOT to use. Knowing what to use when is important. It’s doubly more difficuly for our Holy flavored brethren as they are a jack of all trades sort of healer.
16. If someone were to try to evaluate your performance as a healer via recount, what sort of patterns would they see (i.e. lots of overhealing, low healing output, etc)?
Mitigation, mitigation and more mitigation from PW:S, Divine Aegis etc.
17. Haste or Crit and why?
Haste to an extent and i guess crit. I like a balance of all three, 3rd being Mastery. MMMM stronger bubbles.
18. What healing class do you feel you understand least?
Resto Shaman – i cannot level a shaman past 20…..they are odd to me.
19. What add-ons or macros do you use, if any, to aid you in healing?
VuhDo FOR THE WIN!
I also have a lot of mouseover macros for certain spells, I use a mixture of mouseover and the clicking functionality of VuhDo.
I like things to be neat and orderly so MSBT for combat text is nice. DBM is also nice to avoiding stuffs. Also having a multibutton gaming mouse also helps out a lot.
tagging whom hmmm…
Fellow Priesty – Sephrenia Guild mum
and a former druid turned cult of disc follower Lyssi Fail lock
and thirdly….for someone who doesn’t like to heal apparently…but levels a LOT of healers lately. Zarigar!!!! Cow Pally, Druid, Undead Priest, Troll Shaman